- Did ponyboy faint when Johnny died?
- Do you agree with Johnny’s decision not to see his mother?
- What was Johnny’s relationship with his parents?
- Why is Johnny so concerned about his parents?
- What do the doctors say that makes ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
- Are Johnny’s parents abusive?
- Who does Johnny’s mother blame for everything wrong in Johnny’s life?
- What is Johnny’s reaction to his mother visit?
- Why does Darry now hate Paul?
- What were Johnny’s last words ponyboy?
- Did sodapop get Sandy pregnant?
- Did Johnny know he was going to die?
Did ponyboy faint when Johnny died?
At home, he finds the greasers gathered in the living room and tells them that Johnny is dead and that Dally has broken down.
Dally calls and says he just robbed a grocery store and is running from the police.
Ponyboy muses that Dally wanted to die.
Feeling dizzy and overwhelmed, Ponyboy passes out..
Do you agree with Johnny’s decision not to see his mother?
I absolutely agree with Jonny’s decision not to see his mother, but I am surprised by it. Based on my experience with children in the system, this mother is portrayed as a neglectful and abusive mother quite accurately. Jonny’s reaction, while it is what we’re satisfied with, is not as accurate.
What was Johnny’s relationship with his parents?
Johnny has a terrible relationship with his parents, who are physically abusive and neglect him on a regular basis. Johnny’s father is an alcoholic, who continually beats him, while his mother goes out of her way to avoid him.
Why is Johnny so concerned about his parents?
Johnny wanted to know that his parents cared about him. Johnny always was a soft guy. He cared about what his parents thought about him no matter what. … Darry started crying because he thought he had lost Ponyboy.
What do the doctors say that makes ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying? That it couldn’t hurt for him to have visitors now. That Ponyboy should go home. That they should call his mom.
Are Johnny’s parents abusive?
Johnny’s parents are abusive—his mother verbally, and his father physically. They’re both neglectful. Johnny refuses to see his mother when she comes to visit him in the hospital, and he takes his parents’ treatment of him personally (as would most people).
Who does Johnny’s mother blame for everything wrong in Johnny’s life?
At the hospital, Johnny’s mother starts shouting at Ponyboy and blaming the greasers for everything that happened. Who pulls Pony out of the room? Q. What does Ponyboy ask Two-Bit to promise?
What is Johnny’s reaction to his mother visit?
Johnny reacts by telling the nurse that he does not want to see her. Johnny mentions that his mother has probably come to visit him so that she can tell him how much trouble he is causing the family. Johnny then tells the nurse to tell his mother to leave him alone for once.
Why does Darry now hate Paul?
Darry hates Paul Holden because Paul was given the opportunity to attend college and play football, and he was not. Ponyboy mentions that Darry wasn’t only jealous of Paul Holden; he was also ashamed to be representing the Greasers. Paul is essentially the epitome of what Darry wishes he could have become.
What were Johnny’s last words ponyboy?
2) What do Johnny’s last words mean? Right before he dies in the hospital, Johnny says “Stay gold, Ponyboy.” Ponyboy cannot figure out what Johnny means until he reads the note Johnny left. Johnny writes that “stay gold” is a reference to the Robert Frost poem Ponyboy shared when they were hiding at the church.
Did sodapop get Sandy pregnant?
History. Sodapop told Ponyboy he was sure he was going to marry Sandy. However, when she got pregnant, she left to go live with her grandmother in Florida. … She is mentioned once in the film, but Sodapop never says she moved or got pregnant.
Did Johnny know he was going to die?
Overall, Johnny understands that his condition is fatal. He initially fears dying at such a young age but eventually comes to terms with his fate and finds peace before passing away.