- Why did okagbue mutilate the dead child?
- Why did the Oracle say that when Ekwefi becomes pregnant again she should sleep with her own people and not in her hut?
- Why is Ezinma so special to Okonkwo?
- What secret does Ezinma share with her mother Ekwefi?
- Who is the leader of Egwugwu?
- How did Chielo feel about Ezinma?
- What happens to Ezinma?
- What does Ekwefi eat Ezinma?
- Why is Ezinma not allowed to eat eggs?
- Why is Ezinma so special to Ekwefi?
- What does Chielo want with Ezinma?
- What did Okonkwo say about Ezinma?
- Why does Ezinma cry when Chielo calls her my daughter?
- How does Okonkwo kill himself?
- What is the decision of the Egwugwu in the case of Uzowulu and his runaway wife?
- Who is Okonkwo’s favorite daughter?
- What did Okonkwo often say about Ezinma?
- Why does Chielo take Ezinma away?
Why did okagbue mutilate the dead child?
A medicine man mutilated the dead body of Ekwefi’s third child to discourage the ogbanje’s return.
A year before the start of the novel, when Ezinma was nine, a medicine man named Okagbue Uyanwa found her iyi-uwa, the small, buried pebble that is the ogbanje’s physical link to the spirit world..
Why did the Oracle say that when Ekwefi becomes pregnant again she should sleep with her own people and not in her hut?
“When your wife becomes (having a baby developing inside the body) again,” he said, “let her not sleep in her hut. Let her go and stay with her people. In that way she will get away from her evil torturer and break its evil cycle of birth and death.” Ekwefi did as she was asked.
Why is Ezinma so special to Okonkwo?
2) Why is Ezinma so special to Okonkwo? … More than any of Okonkwo’s other children, Ezinma possesses all of the personality traits required to grow into a distinguished member of society. In other words, she is the most masculine of Okonkwo’s children, and Okonkwo frequently laments that she was not born a boy.
What secret does Ezinma share with her mother Ekwefi?
Ezinma does not call her mother Nne like other children. She calls her by her name. They share secrets like eating eggs together. Why did Ekwefi stay with her people during her third pregnancy?
Who is the leader of Egwugwu?
Evil ForestOkonkwo is dressed as one of these spirits. Evil Forest, the leader of the egwugwu, calls the court to order.
How did Chielo feel about Ezinma?
Expert Answers Chielo is a priestess and she tells Ezinma’s mother that Agbala, the Oracle of the Hills and Caves, wants to see Ezinma. This is very frightening to both Ekwefi and Owkwonkwo because Ezinma is their favorite child. The next day, Chielo takes Ezinma and does not want her parents to follow them.
What happens to Ezinma?
Ezinma falls sick from a fever. … While telling stories with her mother one night, Chielo the priestess shows up and takes Ezinma on a long journey to the shrine of Agbala. We never learn what happens to her in the shrine, but she emerges alive and whole.
What does Ekwefi eat Ezinma?
What does Ekwefi give Ezinma to eat? Although the discovery of the iyi-uwa ought to have solved Ezinma’s problems, every illness that Ezinma catches still brings terror and anxiety to Ekwefi. Ekwefi gives fish to Ezinma.
Why is Ezinma not allowed to eat eggs?
Ekwefi and Ezinma are extremely close because all of Ekwefi’s other children have died; Ekwefi gives Ezinma eggs to eat even though it is not socially acceptable for children to eat eggs, and their egg eating in secret is one of the things that closely bonds them.
Why is Ezinma so special to Ekwefi?
Chapter 9- Why is Ezinma so special to Ekwefi? Because Ezinma is Ekwefi’s only child that has survived past the age of 6. This is Ekwefi’s 10th child. Because of this, they are really close– her daughter is everything to Ekwefi.
What does Chielo want with Ezinma?
What did Chielo want with Ezinma? Chielo wanted to take Ezinma to see Agbala.
What did Okonkwo say about Ezinma?
“You have not eaten for two days,” said [Okonkwo’s] daughter Ezinma when she brought the food to him. “So you must finish this.” She sat down and stretched her legs in front of her.
Why does Ezinma cry when Chielo calls her my daughter?
Why does Ezinma cry when Chielo calls her “my daughter”? Ezinma cries because Chielo’s voice is different and everything seems strange.
How does Okonkwo kill himself?
one of the lords of the clan. This explanation, which Okonkwo presents as evidence of his piety to Ani and the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves, fails to persuade Obierika; the omniscient reporter is not deceived by it either since he reports, ‘Dazed with fear, Okonkwo drew his machete and cut him down.
What is the decision of the Egwugwu in the case of Uzowulu and his runaway wife?
What is the decision of the egwugwu in the case of Uzowulu and his runaway wife? The decision of the egwugwu in the case of Uzowulu and his runaway wife is if Uzowulu goes to his in-laws with a pot of wine and begs for his wife’s return, she will return with him.
Who is Okonkwo’s favorite daughter?
EzinmaEzinma, Okonkwo’s favorite daughter and the only child of Ekwefi, is bold in the way that she approaches—and even sometimes contradicts—her father. Okonkwo remarks to himself multiple times that he wishes she had been born a boy, since he considers her to have such a masculine spirit.
What did Okonkwo often say about Ezinma?
2. Who was Okonkwo’s favorite child, and what did he often say about the child? His favorite child was Ezinma, daughter of Ekwefi. He often said it was a shame she wasn’t a boy.
Why does Chielo take Ezinma away?
Frightened, Okonkwo and Ekwefi try to persuade Chielo to wait until morning, but Chielo angrily reminds Okonkwo that he must not defy a god’s will. Chielo takes Ezinma on her back and forbids anyone to follow. Ekwefi overcomes her fear of divine punishment and follows anyway.