- Why did Johnny not see his mother?
- Why does Dally carry an unloaded gun?
- What do the doctors say that makes ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
- How did dally die?
- Did Johnny know he was going to die?
- Why does Dally hit ponyboy in the back really hard?
- Why does sodapop sleep with ponyboy?
- Why do you think Dally wanted to die?
- Who borrowed two bit’s switchblade?
- Why does ponyboy have a problem with Johnny’s plan to disguise themselves?
- What were Johnny’s last words?
- What is Johnny’s attitude toward death?
- Why does ponyboy not like Darry?
- Why is Johnny’s condition especially bad?
- How did Johnny feel about dying?
- Will ponyboy Stay Gold?
- Why are the police chasing dally after Johnny’s death?
- How does Johnny’s attitude about his parents change?
Why did Johnny not see his mother?
Johnny refuses to see his mother when he is in the hospital because he feels that she does not care about him.
The killing was self-defense and Johnny was trying to save Pony’s life.
He did not feel that anyone would understand.
Johnny risked his life to help the children in the church as well..
Why does Dally carry an unloaded gun?
Why is Dally carrying an unloaded gun? To scare off the socs, the socs are hostile and angry since their friend was killed.
What do the doctors say that makes ponyboy realize Johnny is dying?
What do the doctors say that makes Ponyboy realize Johnny is dying? That it couldn’t hurt for him to have visitors now. That Ponyboy should go home. That they should call his mom.
How did dally die?
Dally died by police fire: suicide by cop. … When Johnny died, Dally was so sad that he ran out of the hospital and it seems that he went straight out and robbed the store. After he did that, it seem like he purposely got the police to shoot him.
Did Johnny know he was going to die?
Overall, Johnny understands that his condition is fatal. He initially fears dying at such a young age but eventually comes to terms with his fate and finds peace before passing away.
Why does Dally hit ponyboy in the back really hard?
Ponyboy hears Johnny scream, and then Dally whacks him on the back and he “went down into a peaceful darkness.” Ponyboy wakes up in an ambulance, bewildered. Jerry Wood is with him, and explains that Dally hit him so hard because the back of his jacket was on fire.
Why does sodapop sleep with ponyboy?
The one I can’t ever remember.” He had the same dream the night of his parents’ funeral, and “woke up screaming bloody murder” but unable to remember what it was about. The dream started reoccurring, so Soda started sleeping with Ponyboy. Two-Bit asks him if it was very bad, but Ponyboy lies and says it wasn’t.
Why do you think Dally wanted to die?
In The Outsiders, Dally wants to die because Johnny, the only person he truly loves, has died.
Who borrowed two bit’s switchblade?
DallyThe answer to this is that Dally (Dallas Winston) asks to borrow Two-bit’s switchblade. This happens in Chapter 8 of the book. Dally is in the hospital recovering from his injuries that he got when the church burned down. Two-bit really doesn’t want to give it to him, because the knife is Two-bit’s pride and joy.
Why does ponyboy have a problem with Johnny’s plan to disguise themselves?
A: Pony has a problem with Johnny’s idea to disguise themselves because Pony felt his hair was his pride. He believed his hair was tuff and was proud of it. It labelled the greasers, was their trademark and by losing his hair he would be losing a part of himself.
What were Johnny’s last words?
2) What do Johnny’s last words mean? Right before he dies in the hospital, Johnny says “Stay gold, Ponyboy.” Ponyboy cannot figure out what Johnny means until he reads the note Johnny left. Johnny writes that “stay gold” is a reference to the Robert Frost poem Ponyboy shared when they were hiding at the church.
What is Johnny’s attitude toward death?
Johnny tells Ponyboy that those kids lives were worth more than his. He is fully aware, as he has always been, that his home life is strangling him. He is timid, and unable to stand up to his mother. He is aware in his current condition he will be even more submissive than he ever has.
Why does ponyboy not like Darry?
Throughout most of the story Ponyboy believes his brother Darry thinks of him as a nuisance. He believes that if Sodapop would let him Darry would place Ponyboy in a boys home. … Darry is afraid that he is going to lose Pony “just like he lost Mom and Dad.”
Why is Johnny’s condition especially bad?
2. What condition is Johnny in after the fire? Johnny is in critical condition because he is burned everywhere except his face and his back was broken by a falling timber.
How did Johnny feel about dying?
Suicide is a critical issue for teens, and Johnny’s lack of choice about his living or dying brings him a new perspective. He is angry with himself (for not valuing his life when he had the time) and at life itself (for not being fair): “I used to talk about killing myself . . . I don’t want to die now.
Will ponyboy Stay Gold?
“Stay gold” is a reference to the Robert Frost poem that Ponyboy recites to Johnny when the two hide out in the Windrixville Church. One line in the poem reads, “Nothing gold can stay,” meaning that all good things must come to an end.
Why are the police chasing dally after Johnny’s death?
Dally knew what he wanted after the death of Johnny: He wanted to die. He pulled an unloaded gun in order to force the police to shoot him. The fact that his gang witnessed the death of their second gang member in one day suggests that perhaps the circle of light was for them.
How does Johnny’s attitude about his parents change?
How does Johnny’s attitude about his parents change? Johnny has always wanted his parents to care for him and now that he is in the hospital and his mom comes he doesn’t want to see her because she has never been in his life and will only yell at him for not coming home that night.